Buying rare diamonds has been a fascination for collectors around the world. Many of us may think that it is just a hobby for the collectors and it makes sense for the most part. However, a major reason why many people purchase rare diamonds, or in some cases, bid for rare diamonds is because they are a good investment. Irrespective of whether you may consider owning a diamond for a long period of time or for just a short window, diamonds can and do bring good results.However, given the current circumstances, the concern about diamonds being a safe investment is looming large on investors. To buy diamonds in a Pandemic seems like not a smart decision to make especially when the markets everywhere are showing a downward trend. However, the reality speaks something entirely different. People have invested in diamonds in similar situations in the past. There have been many occasions of turbulence in the history of the world where people have turned to diamonds as a form of investment.
The most recent example of this are the many auctions that Christie’s organised in the year 2020. In fact, the world’s most famous auction house set a world record for a gem sold online, with their 28.6 carat diamond selling for a whopping $2.1 Million. Similarly a close to Perfect 102 Carat Diamond (100.85 carat, D-color, internally flawless) racked up $5.9 Million in an auction.When the economy has slowed down and people are pulling out of investments, why are people putting such huge amounts of money in diamonds? The answer is rather simple: Diamonds are the best form of investment. If the auction prices haven’t yet convinced you of the fact, then here are 5 more compelling reasons to consider investing in the rarest natural diamonds from the mines.
Why You Should Buy diamonds in a Pandemic?
- Portable yet Sizeable Diamonds are highly portable in the sense that you can easily take them anywhere you like and store them securely in a place of your preference. According to the experts at leading diamond manufacturing companies, no other investment option can give you that liberty. Imagine lugging around, if not millions then thousands of dollars in your pocket without showing. You can store them anywhere, even when they hold a sizeable value.
- Standing The Test Of Time Diamonds are durable, everyone will agree with that. They score a perfect 10 on the Mohs scale of hardness. The mere fact that they are up to 58 times stronger than the next hardest material explains their durability and make diamonds a good investment. This long-lasting quality ensures that your investment will not crack, chip, or lose its lustre. It will stand the test of time.
- No Risk Of Inflation Diamonds are inflation-proof. It is an asset that keeps appreciating without diminishing in quality, shape, or form. In addition to this, diamonds are movable and durable. This makes them an excellent option to precious metals or real estate when you don’t want to invest in either.
- A Great Investment And A Great Piece To Wear Diamonds will not wear away with time, which is why it is a good investment. Not only can you keep it as a way of increasing your wealth in the future, but also as an ornamental jewel. Yes! While you have the diamond with you, why let it sit tucked away in a locker somewhere? Why not wear it on special occasions. After all, if you’ve got it, you flaunt it, right?
- A Physical Investment Unlike many other intangible forms of investment, diamonds are physically there with you. In a world of virtual investments like the stock market, cryptocurrency, and virtual gold bonds, diamonds give you the psychological peace of mind of being tangible. If you buy diamonds in a pandemic, you can touch them, hold them, and move them as per your preference.
Diamonds, as an investment, have stood the test of really long and challenging times throughout history. They continue to be of great value and produce great returns. As one of the leading Diamonds Suppliers & Manufacturer of the world, KGK Group encourages buyers from all over to invest in diamonds. For more information on diamonds or other Precious gemstones and semi-precious gemstones as an investment option, schedule an appointment with one of our experts today.