KGK Group – Milestones at a Glance
Headquartered in Hong Kong, the KGK Group is a privately held multinational corporation specialising in gemstones, diamonds and jewellery. Founded by Shri Keshrimalji Kothari and Shri Ghisilalji Kothari of Jaipur, India in the year 1905 with a humble task of trading gemstones between India and Burma, the group is now enriching customers around the world with its complete vertically-integrated mines-to-brands approach. With a global presence across 19 countries, the KGK Group is a preferred brand in the Gems and Jewellery realm today. Let’s have a look at KGK’s successful journey of being recognised for its impeccable specialisation in gemstones, diamonds and jewellery for over a hundred years.
Journey and Milestones
- 1905: The foundation of KGK Group was laid back when Shri Keshrimalji Kothari started trading Burmese coloured gemstones in Jaipur, India. Inspired by his father’s vision, Shri Ghisilalji Kothari led the group further.
- 1915: KGK starts trading coloured gemstones in Chennai, India.
- 1960: Mr. Navrattan Kothari joins KGK Group.
- 1962: Operations were established in Hong Kong.
- 1970’s: The Group starts trading diamonds.
- 1972: Launched coloured stones operations in USA
- 1975: Diamonds sourcing operations launched in Mumbai
- 1986: Diamonds processing operations established in Mumbai
- 1996: Jewellery manufacturing operations opens in SEEPZ, Mumbai
- 1997: KGK gets rewarded with the De Beers Sightholder status and becomes an authorised bulk purchaser of rough diamonds.
- 1997: Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre opens in Jaipur.
- 1999: Jewellery manufacturing unit established in Panyu, China
- 2002: Wholesale jewellery operations launched in India
- 2004: Fine jewellery brand Entice by KGK Group launched in Hong Kong and later in India
- 2007: KGK undertook the initiative to uplift Jal Mahal restoration and revitalisation of Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur for heritage conservation
- 2010: KGK real estate division launched in India
- 2010: The group acquires renowned international brands – Martin Flyer for its commercial jewellery and Gregg Ruth for its exclusive jewellery
- 2014: KGK opens diamond manufacturing unit in Botswana, Africa
- 2014: KGK goes into strategic alliance for mining gemstones in Brazil and Mozambique for Paraiba, Emeralds and Rubellite
- 2014: KGK Diamonds becomes an Alrosa Alliance member
- 2015: Jewellery manufacturing unit established in Bangkok to produce silver pieces
- 2015: KGK acquires French jewellery brand KIROS
- 2016: KGK unveils new corporate identity
- Sep 2017: KGK launches leading edge diamond manufacturing unit in Vladivostok, Russia
The KGK Group is inspired to shine at everything we do. With the fourth generation into business at the forefront and the fifth generation getting ready to join the group, we focus on building trusted relationships that endure for generations. The group is bound to scale new heights in the years to come.